Tuesday 13 December 2011

Bipasha has inhibitions locking lips on screen

From cladding a bikini in 'Dhoom' and 'Players' to doing bold scenes in 'Jism' and a raunchy item number in 'Omkara', sultry Bipasha Basu says she has inhibitions doing kissing scenes in films. She had showed her bold side in 'Jism' (2003) with ex-beau John Abraham, especially in the song 'Jaadu Hai Nasha Hai'. For Aditya Chopra's 'Dhoom 2', she wore a bikini and then sizzled the screen with an item song 'Beedi Jalaile Le' in 'Omkara', which became a rage.

"For me, love making is no big deal, it is like any other thing. But when it comes to kissing, I have not overcome it. It is tough. I feel it is too private a moment and also the way we are we brought up, the kind of cinema we are exposed to when I started acting, kissing was not a regular thing. But now, in every film, kissing is regular," Bipasha told PTI.

"When I see an English film, I feel it is no big deal, but when I have to do it, it's a very big deal. I have still not overcome it, it is bit of a block that I have," she said. In her eleven years of acting career, Bipasha has done two kissing scenes-- one with John in 'Jism' and Ranbir Kapoor in 'Bachna Ae Haseeno'. "When I had to do it (a kissing scene) I was paranoid.


Everyday I used to go to Adi and Siddharth saying 'please cancel this, please get it out', and they use to laugh at it saying it is small thing. But I was petrified. I have not done many kissing scenes, except two," she said. Despite kissing being a regular feature on celluloid, filmmakers struggle to capture the perfect moment on screen, and the Bengali bombshell feels it is due to the inhibitions that the actors have.

No comments:

Post a Comment