Friday 11 November 2011

My journey in B'wood has just begun: Ranbir


It has been four years since Ranbir  Kapoor made his Bollywood debut with Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 2009 film 'Saawariya' but the actor says his journey in the industry has just begun.

The 29-year-old actor, who is eight films old, will next  be seen playing a rockstar in Imtiaz Ali's film of the same name. "I have completed four years in the industry. My film 'Saawariya' released on 9 November, 2009. But I feel that my journey has just begun. I have worked with very good directors. And I am looking forward to working with many more," Ranbir said.


The actor, whose upcoming film 'Rockstar' is ready for  release, says that the past four years have been a great learning period for him. "I have learnt an important lesson in the past four years and that is to stay focused and concentrate on my work. Factors like fame, money are temporary in life. What stays  till the end is the respect that we earn," he said.

Ranbir also praised his 'Rockstar' director, who has previously given hits like Kareena-Shahid starrer 'Jab We Met'  and 'Love Aaj Kal', starring Saif Ali Khan and Ranbir's ex girlfriend Deepika Padukone.

"My favourite Imtiaz film is 'Love Aaj Kal'. He is a brilliant director. My experience working with him was  amazing," he added.  In 'Rockstar', the actor plays a middle-class Jat boy Janardan Jhakhar, who has the dream of becoming a rockstar like Jim Morrison. He later becomes successful but fame comes with heartbreak.

"We all go through a lot of ups and downs in the journey  of life. In the film, though it is a little exaggerated but still it is the same. I had to match up to the character created by Imtiaz," Ranbir said.

No comments:

Post a Comment