Saturday 5 November 2011

My fans watch me,not the banner of the film: Govinda

The happy go lucky Bollywood star Govinda is proud of the fact that despite he has never worked in any movie of big banner like Yash Chopra, he got the love of very large number of avid film fans. This is not a small thing " I have my own fan following. My fans are hardly bothered about the banner of the film. They come to watch my movies, rather than giving importance to banner," ever smiling Govinda said in an interview with News 24, Editor-in-Chief Anurradha Prasad for her weekly show 'Aamne-Samne'. You can watch interview with Govinda today (Saturday) and tomorrow( Sunday) at 8.30 pm on News 24 channel.

Govinda, who has given several hit films in the past and is currently promoting his forthcoming film 'Loot',seems to be very devoted towards his mother. " I am a very religious person. I believe in God and my mother's blessings. I have this quote written at my doorstep - tum maa ke kadam choomo, duniya tumhare kadam choomegi'.


It is said for Govinda's mother that she had sacrificed a lot for his family when chips were down. Govinda always give credit to his mother for his resounding success in Bollywood.

While there is no denying the fact that Govinda was an outstanding dancer and his skills as a dancer made him extremely popular among his fans. However, he reveals that he feels very uneasy and embarrassed when local urchins and street children in Mumbai tell him 'Oye govinda, kya mast dance karta hai, zara nach ke dikha na'.

Govinda has been facing the charge of coming late for shooting and also hardly a professional. When asked
why he has a habit of coming late to sets thereby being branded as 'Latelateef and unprofessional', Govinda says, “there are people who jealous of him and spread wrong rumors about him. They think that my name is getting bigger and if I become too big, I might go out of their hands, hence they spread bad word about me.” He adds that he is a through professional and that is why he has been surviving in the film world.

That he is very religious guy was very much evident when he sung a very soulful bhajan during the course of an interview.

Replying to a question about 'Loot', Govinda said that this is absolutely paisa vasool film. 'Loot' got the perfect combination of comedy, action and music. Apart from Govinda, Suniel Shetty, Mahesh Manjrekar, Javad Jaffery and king of Punjabi music, Mika, is also acting in the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment